CSC Canada Security distinguishes itself through the effective combination of local market intimacy and depth, extensive global best practices, and diverse cross jurisdictional experience.
Full Spectrum Security Services
Effective security and compliance measures are essential to safeguarding your operations and protecting stakeholder value and trust. Balancing this protection with the corresponding costs — both direct and in terms of reduced productivity and business agility — is a demanding challenge.
A heritage of nearly 50 years has allowed CSC to assemble a comprehensive portfolio of business and technology oriented security and privacy solutions to help government agencies achieve regulatory compliance, ensure operational continuity, and safeguard systems, data and other resources.
Through a dedicated team of greater than 1,200 security practitioners CSC addresses all aspects of security to ensure total protection — from facilities and systems to people and information.
How CSC Can Help
Our Federal clients benefit from the cross jurisdictional experience we've gained from supporting clients all over the world. Presently, CSC security experts support government and commercial clients in Canada, USA, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia.
Among other issues, our solutions address the topics listed below, which are of particular concern to Canadian Federal clients:
- Management Accountability Framework (MAF) Area of Management (AoM) 19 - Security and Business Continuity
- Government Security Policy (GSP) and Operational Security Standard - Management of Information Technology Security (MITS)
- Certification and Accreditation
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Security Governance and Policy
- Security Program and Security Project Management
- Security Architecture
- Vulnerability Assessments and Management
- Threat and Risk Assessments, Effectiveness, and Program Optimization
- Managed Security Services
- Information Protection and Data Loss Prevention
- Identity Management, Authentication, Credentialing , including biometrics
- Digital Investigative Services (forensics, data recovery, incident response)
- Mission Specific requirements
As an example of our services, learn more about our Data Loss Prevention Service.
CSC has qualified in all 27 available skill categories in Streams 1, 2 and 3 of the Canadian Cyber Protection Supply (CPSA)arrangement allowing for the efficient provision of IT Security Management Consulting Services, Comprehensive IT Security Risk Management Services, and Skilled IT Security Services.
CSC's team of experienced security professionals bring broad expertise plus specialization where you need it. Our professionals are:
- Security practitioners including former CSOs, inspectors, auditors, systems and software engineers, systems architects, policy experts, trainers, and experts in certification and accreditation (C&A)
- Certified in CISA, CISSP, CPP, CISM, SSAP, ISSEP, ISSMP, NSA IAM/IEM, SANS, and CCNP
- Experienced in securing some of the world's most security-conscious government and commercial organizations
- Experts in multiple regulatory compliance requirements such as MITS, FISMA, DIACAP, NIST , DCID, NIACAP, HIPAA, E-Gov, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Recognized in analyst surveys for providing "best customer service" through industry-validated best practices and in-depth understanding of regulatory requirements
- Expert providers of audit and inspection services to map out organizational strengths and problem areas.
In addition, CSC offers the following credentials:
- First global business organization to attain an independent, third-party Level 3 SSE-CMM appraisal; also securing a Level 4 SSE-CMM appraisal for our strength in protecting the integrity of client information
- Single provider of computer forensics training to the U.S. DoD
- Solutions and technologies that provide toolsets for network vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, authentication assessments, applications security assessments, wireless assessments, architecture assessments, Web application "black box" assessments, host diagnostic reviews, peer-to-peer protection, and forensics, investigative, and legal support — all on a 24x7 basis.
Learn more about our global Security capabilities.