While the Internet is an essential tool, delivering many benefits for nearly every organization, it also creates new, serious and fast-growing security and privacy risks. By connecting organizations and consumers in new ways, the Internet helps business managers and CIOs, but also criminals. Using the Internet, hackers, thieves and other criminals have plagued enterprises and consumers with digital viruses and worms, denial-of-service attacks, password phishing, identity theft and cyberstalking.
CIOs determined to protect their enterprises from cyberthreats have made enterprise security services a top investment priority. In 2011, global spending on cybersecurity reached an estimated $60 billion; that spending level is forecast to grow by 10 percent a year over the next three to five years.
Measures IT leaders must take
This high spending reflects the multiple enterprise security and privacy measures that today’s IT leaders must take, including:
- Managed Security Services: Enhance overall security protection to your organization while reducing cost and complexity. Extend to risk aligned posture and gain access specialized skills and resources. Elevate to the most advanced level of protection and realize situational awareness and global threat intelligence.
- Vulnerability and Penetration Testing Services: Continually validate effectiveness of security measures through penetration testing and vulnerability assessments and set mitigation plans as required.
- Identity Management Solutions: Regulate who is permitted to gain access to which systems. And, when someone tries to gain access to a system, be able to quickly ensure their identity and determine their access privileges.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning: Develop a consistent and deliverable Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Program that adheres to various domestic and international standards and that will increase resiliency in the event of a catastrophic disruption.
- IT Security Consulting and Risk Assessment: Prioritize areas of need and set actionable plans to ensure an enterprise security program that best supports your business and compliance needs.
CSC can help. We can apply the expert services of more than 2,000 information-security practitioners, industry best practices and best-of-breed tools to your specific organization. Learn more about how CSC enterprise security services can boost your Cyberconfidence™ today.