Business Process Improvement and Transformation
For organizations in nearly every area, creating efficient business operations can deliver key competitive and operational advantages. Many organizations find they can transform business practices by removing duplicate or unnecessary steps, automating as many procedures as possible, and outsourcing noncritical functions to trusted third parties.
As a key enabler of many business process improvement initiatives, IT allows new forms of collaboration, new ways of collecting and sharing information, and even new ways of thinking about that information.
New transformational technologies
While IT has been driving business process renovation since at least the 1990s, the pace is now faster than ever. Back then, organizations began using the era’s new technologies, including workflow management, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and advanced databases. Today, organizations seeking business process transformation can turn to the new wave of mobile devices, social media, virtualization, cloud computing and the as a service model. These technologies let organizations:
- Reduce the upfront time and costs associated with establishing and customizing a business-process platform.
- Choose elements from the business process service continuum. For example, an organization can make its trade-off decisions among service environments that are customized vs. standardized ... dedicated vs. virtualized ... high-touch vs. straight-through ... longer to establish vs. quick to implement ... and higher cost vs. shared (lower) cost.
- Move seamlessly from model to model whenever business needs or market conditions change.
- Gain streamlined processes, solutions and systems.
- Accelerate market entry. Faster, more-efficient business methods can lead to faster time to market.
- Enjoy dramatic cost savings. Greater efficiencies mean less waste, and greater output.
- Improve customer satisfaction, thanks to all of the above.
See our Industry Business Process Solutions.