CSC Big Data Strategy
Our experience, skills and tools can help you make a successful transition to deriving business value from big data.
Social network content, location and mobile data, video sensor data, enterprise application data and more are being generated at phenomenal rates. If you can harness big data, it can dramatically improve decision-making right across your business — from product design to supply chain management. But that's easier said than done. Managing big data requires a transformation in both your business and IT.
Are you wondering if a thoughtful Big Data strategy could improve your business performance? Our consulting service delivers a strategy and roadmap to understand and maximize the business value of big data within your organization.
CSC Big Data Strategy prepares you to embrace big data with confidence.
What is CSC Big Data Strategy?
CSC Big Data Strategy helps you exploit large, diverse, fast-moving data to improve business performance through new insights and enhanced intuition that improves business decision making and better predicts outcomes.
Big Data Strategy consulting engagement typically lasts 8-12 weeks — depending on the scale and complexity of your organization and your goals for the project. Our experienced information specialists work with your experts through a series of workshops across business, data, and solution domains to:
- Inventory available data, how it's structured, what value it offers, and how to validate it for use, so you can prioritize your asset utilization.
- Document the opportunities available to you through big data and how they align to your strategic priorities, helping you to build the business case.
- Show you how to make better, more informed business decisions in real time, using sophisticated analysis of multiple data sources.
- Help the business become more flexible to market changes through real time data analysis.
- Demonstrate the potential value of big data investments through a proof of concept.
CSC's business led focus identifies organizational questions in conjunction with the business and develops a big data strategy to align business objectives, data and technology requirements. The end result is a proof of concept that lets you test the expected benefits of big data for yourself by generating actual results from real data.
How CSC Big Data Strategy Works
Together we'll work through several overlapping phases, including business assessment, data assessment, IT assessment and an insight proof of concept.
- Put Business Value First: CSC Big Data Strategy engagements focus on business value: that's why we start with your information needs, not with technology, and demonstrate the potential through a proof of concept. The roadmap that we'll create for you will be prioritized based on demonstrable business value and will give you a clear picture of the organizational, informational and technological changes needed to embrace big data, plus a robust business case to support ongoing investments.
- Big Data to Inform Every Decision: There's data out there that could improve every decision your organization makes, whether it's choosing a new market to enter, specifying a new product, targeting your marketing, or re-engineering internal processes. But you can't do it all at once. The trick is to see the big picture of what's available, prioritize data and data sources, and where new intelligence, insight and intuition would really count. CSC Big Data Strategy can lead you through this process.
- Big Data Not Big Expense: We assess your existing IT capabilities to determine how well they support the exploitation of big data. We aim to reuse whatever existing solutions and tools we can so your big data strategy can be realized in an efficient manner.
Contact our Big Data and Analytics team today to get started on this important journey and to schedule a demo of our capabilities.