CSC Information Strategy and Governance
Here's a challenge you never thought you'd face: doing more with more.
But that's exactly what today's CIO is expected to do — bring more business value from a growing and varied collection of data sources. The usual IT infrastructure, tools and methods just can't handle the explosive growth and unstructured nature of the data you need to wrangle. You need new rules and a new governance approach.
CSC's Information Strategy and Governance consulting service can help you:
- Identify the information you need to tune your business - Through a series of workshops, we'll help you identify and prioritize your most important information sources, data governance issues and key technologies, so you can develop a roadmap of change.
- Improve data quality and consistency - Volumes of data won't deliver value if it's of poor quality, inaccurate or redundant. This service reviews the effectiveness of your information governance plan and recommends changes to improve and align data quality.
- Reveal new opportunities to grow revenue - A CSC Information Strategy and Governance engagement identifies the information needed to make better-informed decisions, who needs it, and what changes need to be made in policies, processes, tools and technologies. Our recommendations help you get the best information to the right people in the business to maximize revenue.
You're in an interesting spot. Your business landscape is evolving with an explosion of data sources and new technologies. And data collection is growing exponentially - customers, sales, operations, products and more. Modifying existing assets using the old application-centric mind-set is insufficient to meet 21st century information challenges. It is apparent that data management strategies of the past are no longer adequate today.
But as you consider these mounting stores of raw data, you realize the downside. Your infrastructure has no way to handle it all. Much of the data you manage is of varied quality, may be diffused intra- enterprise, and key data may reside external to the company (oftentimes in vast, unstructured pools). The data is available, but not holistically useful information.
If that sounds familiar, you're hardly alone. In fact, the challenge is so immense a 2012 CSC research study predicts that by 2015 fewer than 2 in 10 enterprises will successfully adapt their information infrastructure to exploit big data, socially mediated content and new connected services.
That makes the opportunity starkly apparent: develop a sustainable approach that helps your company harness the power of the data you're capturing for new levels of business insight and you'll have first mover advantage in your industry.
Our study also revealed that organizations surveyed believe that Big Data could yield the biggest technology and process advancements since the World Wide Web – and they should be preparing to manage and support it, as valued assets.
Businesses today are profiting from a comprehensive approach to data management.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield struggled with 100 million customer records across 40 member companies. Today it employs an information governance strategy to integrate data from those sources so it can develop a more meaningful view of its customers and a "single version of the truth."
- A major global investment bank needed help to use very large information and data flows more effectively. CSC created a single repository for data used by multiple applications that significantly improved their decision making and made regulatory reporting more accurate and reliable.
- A large independent distributor of Japanese cars enlisted CSC to create a Business Intelligence strategy which would be able to provide an enterprise data architecture. CSC provided a clear Business Intelligence strategy and data governance framework that improved business processes, metadata management, data quality, security, privacy and organization.
CSC's approach delivers results in weeks. We've packaged our industry expertise and business knowledge into accelerators to create a modular, end-to-end repeatable process that delivers recommendations in 8 to 10 weeks.
CSC delivers a strategy, roadmap and business case you can put into action immediately that will result in richer and more flexible information aligned to business objectives.
CSC will guide your transformation efforts with a technology-neutral approach. We'll help you integrate and extend your existing environment with traditional and open source platforms based on your goals.
Ready or not, new streams of data are pouring into your business. Learn how to do more with more. Let CSC help you inform your organization more effectively. Contact us today.
You might also be interested in: CSC Enterprise Intelligence Strategy