Premium, CSC's business magazine | Autumn 2007 | No. 1
We are proud to present the first edition of Premium, the new CSC business magazine.
Premium aims to reflect the nature of our business, help you get to know our people better and to further examine the transformation occurring in many of our markets. We are confronted with the challenges of conducting cross-border business on a daily basis. Premium aspires to provide you with a broad overview and analysis of all the developments currently underway at both a European and global level.
A summary of the first edition:
- IT in Fashion & Retail
Whether managing global supply chains, integration acquisitions or increasing internal efficiencies; IT has come to play a vital role in the fashion and retail industry.
- Go Sport implements SAP Retail
The sports goods retailer wanted to deploy an integrated ERP platform for its Go Sport and Courir sport chains.
- KBC's Life Insurance unit linked funds are automated. There was a clear need for an outside view to assess and remedy the bottlenecks in this complex environment.
- Kern Pharma chose an efficient solution that takes advantage of the latest wireless and mobile technologies.
- Antalis wanted to deploy a common application platform to support its subsidiaries in Europe.
- Permanent innovation.
Dr. Kjell A. Nordstrom, co-author of 'Funky Business' and 'Karaoke Capitalism', on innovation, tomorrow's business tools and the rise of temporary monopolies.
- Digital trust
The concept of Digital Trust is gaining prominence as IT security strategies shift from 'survive' to 'thrive'.
- The 'mille feuilles' theory by Michel Kalika, Professor of Paris-Dauphine University. The proliferation of communications channels within enterprises has direct implications both for managerial behavior and for corporate management.
- Business innovation, a common sense approach. Today many companies embark upon ambitious innovation projects. But some are outright failures...