Mobile Authenticator & User Identification | CSC ConfidentID
Prevent fraud and identity theft with powerful multifactor authentication.
With the rapid rise of mobile and online banking comes a new set of security challenges. CSC’s ConfidentID™ Mobile User Authentication, an in- and out-of-band, biometric-enabled authentication solution, lets you reduce risks to your bank and protect your customers from identity theft and fraud.
ConfidentID Mobile User Authentication provides efficient, reliable identity authentication for mobile, online and other transactions using a combination of passwords, PINs, biometrics and other techniques. The software employs dynamic security levels, allowing you to customize the level of security required for different transactions.
Put Security in Your Customers’ Hands
ConfidentID Mobile harnesses the convenience, power and ubiquitous nature of smartphones and mobile devices to put advanced security measures in the hands of your customers. The software comprises two applications, one on the server and one on the customer’s mobile device.
When a customer visits your website to perform a transaction, a request is made to ConfidentID Mobile for verification. Depending on the type and monetary amounts of transactions and verification methods desired, your customer can be prompted to enter identity verification data on the mobile device. ConfidentID Mobile assesses the information and, if authentication is successful, informs your organization and your customer that no further action is required.
Stop Hackers in Their Tracks
ConfidentID Mobile Banking User Authentication supports a range of authentication techniques based on:
- Something your customer has, such as a smartphone
- Something your customer knows, such as a password or PIN
- Something your customer is, utilizing biometrics that provide distinctive physiological characteristics (such as face, voice or palm)
- Your customer’s location, provided by global positioning system (GPS), IP address and cellular triangulation.
Out-of-band authentication, requiring verification from a second device, provides an additional level of security for high-risk transactions. This defeats “Man in the Middle” (MitM) types of attacks in which an attacker intercepts and alters communications between the bank server application and the customer’s device.
Authenticate with Confidence and Convenience
The ConfidentID Mobile Security Portfolio offers your organization:
- Robust security with the highest possible authentication fidelity
- Low implementation costs, with no additional hardware or software integration required
- Portability and convenience using the capabilities of the mobile devices your customers already possess
- Scalability and technological adaptability.
With the multilayered ConfidentID Mobile portfolio, you can significantly reduce banking security risks and allow your customers to conduct their transactions with confidence — anytime, anywhere.