Essomenic Patient Journey Modelling
An agile health approach to service transformation
New and emerging integrated care programs aim to meet increased demand and complexity. To achieve these goals, healthcare must be planned and delivered differently. Transforming services to provide coordinated, collaborative, evidenced based and multi-disciplinary care is a considerable challenge.
Key considerations include
- How can a common understanding, and eventually consensus, be achieved across a diverse range of healthcare professionals?
- How can we understand the consumer experience of this care if it spans multiple providers and services?
- What are the varying clinical workflows, supporting systems and guidelines that underpin the consumer journey?
Patient Centred Service Transformation
The Essomenic Patient Journey Modelling (PJM) methodology is designed specifically for the health sector to articulate and visually represent the patient journey and experience. The Essomenic tool explores and captures dimensions critical to assessing service transformation; for example, patient needs, evidence based clinical guidelines, complex multiple-path process flows, discontinuities of care and care handovers, along with comprehensive metrics. The quantitative results become powerful evidence in the rationale for change. The visual model improves understanding and engagement with all stakeholders.
- Visual model understood by all stakeholders
- Fosters interdisciplinary communication
- Improves understanding of complete system of care and the impact of changes
- Increases stakeholder buy-in and ownership: clinical, executive, administration
- End-to-end view of the journey from the patient perspective
- Empowers staff to take an active role in ongoing improvement activities.
Proven Value and Multiple Applications
An Essomenic patient journey model can be used to provide evidence and input to multiple business deliverables.
Used Successfully in a Wide Range of Clinical Setings
Mental health, oncology, osteoarthritis, integrated care, outpatients, maternity (metropolitan and remote indigenous), renal, neonatal intensive care, haematology, allied health, palliative care, community-based services, dementia and chronic disease management.
Download the brochure to read about recent Essomenic Patient Journey Modelling Projects.
Agile Health and Essomenic Patient Journey Modelling
Essomenic is part of CSC’s Agile Health Offering that aims to support healthcare providers to develop new care processes to realise the new and emerging models of care.
The Essomenic methodology and tools were developed by Dr Joanne Curry after extensive constructive and participative-action research into healthcare modelling. Essomenic is the only patient journey modelling improvement tool designed specifically for healthcare from the ground-up.
* Essomenic means: “to show how things will be done in the future”