CSC Modernizes U.S. Army Logistics
Client:U.S. Army Materiel Command
- Modernize logistics automation support capability.
- consists of 2,200 legacy applications and 50,000 professionals.
- CSC implemented best practices and installed new technology.
- Helped guide AMC through the organizational and process transformation.
- New solution exceeds industry standards in several key areas.
- U.S. troops in occupied hotspots worldwide are reaping the benefit of this technology.
When the U.S. Army Materiel Command (AMC) contracted with CSC to modernize its logistics automation support capability, it initiated the first government contract in which both modernization and day-to-day operations were outsourced to one IT services provider.
A Bold Approach
At the program’s outset, AMC comprised approximately 50,000 logistics professionals to manage and supply the weapons systems and commodities — artillery, tanks, aircraft, missiles, ammunition, field electronics and chemical and biological weapons protective gear — essential to readiness and success in war. Over the years, AMC’s logistics system had evolved into a complex web of more than 2,200 legacy applications.
To update its logistics system, AMC decided on a bold approach: outsourcing the design, implementation and day-to-day operations of a new logistics system that included best commercial practices and commercial-off-the-shelf technology.
LMP in Action
Since LMP went live in 2003, the Army has exceeded industry standards in these key areas:
- System Availability
- System Response Time
- Interface Transaction Flow
- Security Access
- Moving Change Requests to Production
- Automated Processing
As prime contractor for this effort, CSC has led one of the first ERP projects in the U.S. Department of Defense and one of the largest SAP implementations ever. This pioneering effort has forged a unified team of CSC and Army staff working seamlessly to streamline the connection from the factory to foxhole.
Learn more about CSC's logistics capabilities and expertise.
Learn why the Logistics Modernization Program is a landmark for military logistics and supply chain management.
Learn more about CSC's work for government clients.
Learn about CSC's work in the Aerospace & Defense and Travel & Transportation industries.
Contact us for more information.