BAE Systems Unifies Communications, Improves Collaboration
- A growing need to communicate and collaborate among employees at UK locations required a stable, secure technology platform and industry-leading collaboration tools.
- A technology platform that provided maximum availability while supporting a next-generation unified communication infrastructure.
- Substantially improved employee communications and productivity, and reduced overhead.
- Adoption at BAE Systems UK locations rapidly expanded.
At sites across the United Kingdom, BAE Systems needed new hardware and systems technologies to improve workforce communications and collaborative capabilities — all in a highly secure environment.
A solid IT foundation was critical to enabling these collaboration technologies, and CSC delivered.
New platform scalable, robust
CSC designed and implemented a technology platform that:
- Uses proven, industry-leading technology fully integrated with the Microsoft Office System and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Is scalable to easily accommodate future growth and the rollout to additional BAE Systems locations within the United Kingdom and across the globe
- Fully meets BAE Systems’ privacy and security requirements as a government classified site
"A creative and innovative solution"
“Our new collaboration systems have transformed how employees reach out and work together. Productivity improvements have been outstanding, and presence technology has been invaluable. CSC architected a creative and innovative solution for us,” says Simon Ripley, head of Enterprise Infrastructure for BAE Systems IT Shared Services.