Catamaran Case Management
- Managing and fulfilling 25,000 monthly customer requests to update pharmacy benefits, prescription plans, and formularies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Automating burdensome manual processes
- Compressed implementation timeframe
- ServiceNow Service Management
- Custom templates for customer implementations
- Custom issue and response tracking
- Drastically improved the efficiency and accuracy with which Catamaran handles customer requests.
- Case workers are able to provide better case management support and focus on more complicated case management tasks.
Catamaran has long held true to a vision of extending service management capabilities rooted in IT to other areas across the enterprise as a means to improve efficiency and customer experiences. Based on the company’s success with ServiceNow for IT service management, it became the obvious platform on which to extend automation across the business. As a first step, Catamaran leveraged the platform’s workflow automation, self-service, request management and service catalog capabilities to develop a custom case management application. This new application replaced a legacy CRM application and automates request management and fulfillment for both internal and external customers. To date, the case management solution has drastically improved the efficiency and accuracy with which Catamaran handles customer requests thanks to workflows that can automatically generate all qualifying tasks based on the case submitted.
Catamaran is a leading provider of pharmacy benefit management (“PBM”) services and healthcare information technology (“HCIT”) solutions to the healthcare benefit management industry.
Catamaran’s product offerings and solutions combine a wide range of applications and PBM services designed to assist its customers in reducing the cost and managing the complexity of their prescription drug programs. Catamaran’s customers include many of the largest organizations in the pharmaceutical supply chain, such as pharmacy benefit managers, managed care organizations, self-insured employer groups, unions, third-party health care plan administrators, and state and federal government entities.
With a projected volume of over 25,000 cases logged each month through the case management tool, data separation and access needed to be addressed. Fruition Partners’ Senior Technical Consultant developed highly customized ACLs, scripts, and business rules to ensure proper access and data separation based on persona. Together with SSO authentication, external customers are now able to securely submit cases directly through the self-service interface simply by clicking a link via Catamaran’s existing Customer Information Center (CIC).
Download this Catamaran Success Story (PDF).